Entry Level Industrial Engineer
Immediate opening is available for full-time Entry Level Industrial Engineer position in Ellicott City, Maryland with opportunity to advance. Responsibilities include designing, improving, and monitoring manufacturing processes, while improving efficiency and their surrounding systems. This position will work with products involving metal, plastic, and fabric/sewing manufacturing processes. We are seeking individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and operational expertise to join our engineering team. Interested individuals should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Utilize Lean manufacturing techniques to increase operational efficiency of manufacturing cells
- Employ time studies to check labor efficiency and set labor standards for production
- Estimate costs for quotes of material and labor for both company standard and customer designed products
- Create drawings for company standard and customer designed products
- Assist in the design and maintenance of automated production systems
- Use company-ERP system (SAP Business One) to enter and maintain bills of materials.
- Work within engineering team to support initiatives of the team set by the Engineering Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
A two-year Associates degree is required; a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
The preferred candidate will have:
- One to two years of related engineering or process improvement experience, or related college coursework or internships.
- Knowledge in one or more of the areas of metalwork, sewing/fabrics, plastics manufacturing
- Understanding of computers and programming concepts
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Computer and Technical Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Ability to learn, and use once-trained, computer systems, such as the company-ERP system (SAP Business One) or programming features of robotic equipment; Training in Lean manufacturing or process improvement techniques; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Oral Communication and Leadership -- Excellent command of the spoken English language; Listens and gets clarification to ensure understanding; Responds well to questions; Actively participates in meetings; Comfortable working and contributing in a team environment; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Excellent command of the written English language; Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; comprehends and applies proper email etiquette; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret complex written information (customer specification manuals, contracts, etc).
- Problem Solving -- identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information and data skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Availability during normal business hours (8:00 am -- 4:30 pm EST, Monday-Friday)
- Must be a detail-oriented, communicator, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle and feel. Employees must be able to communicate effectively through talking and listening. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, walk up flights of stairs; and reach and carry objects with hands and arms.