Industrial Sales Representative
Summary: Immediate openings are available for Full-Time Entry Industrial sales positions with opportunity to advance. Responsibilities include fabric, plastic and metal product manufacturing sales. We are seeking individuals with excellent customer service and communication skills to join our sales team. Interested individuals should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Field inquiries and questions (via phone and email) from existing and new customers. Respond in a timely and effective manner to establish a professional rapport with customers. Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and improve service.
- Use of company-ERP system (SAP Business One) to enter and maintain customer contact information as well as enter and track customer purchase orders. Provide status updates to customers to ensure delivery dates and order requirements are met.
- Serves as the point of contact between customer and operations to resolve order specification matters. Understand and communicate compliance requirements of customers to Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Departments.
- Pursue additional business from existing customer accounts. Meet and establish a rapport with customer to understand their business and needs. Introduce customer to our diverse product offering, and work to customize existing products to customer specifications.
- Generate new customers from sales leads.
- Work within sales team to support the sales initiatives of the team set by the Sales Manager.
- 5-10% Travel Requirement, in order to pursue new business opportunities and strengthen customer relations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
A two-year Associates degree is required; a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
The preferred candidate will have one to two years of related sales work experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Excellent command of the spoken English language; Listens and gets clarification to ensure understanding; Responds well to questions; Actively participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Excellent command of the written English language; Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; comprehends and applies proper email etiquette; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret complex written information (customer specification manuals, contracts, etc).
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook. PowerPoint. Ability to learn, and use once-trained, company-ERP system (SAP Business One).
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Comfortable working and contributing in a team environment. Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Availability during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:30 pm EST, Monday-Friday) in order to respond promptly to customer needs or requests.
- Must be a detail-oriented, people person, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet face-to-face with customers.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle and feel. Employees must be able to communicate effectively through talking and listening. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, walk up flights of stairs; and reach and carry objects with hands and arms.