Immediate opening is available for full-time Entry Level Process Engineer position in Ellicott City, Maryland with opportunity to advance. Responsibilities include will include multiple facets of orders for sewing, fabric, and government contract and industrial manufacturing. This will involve production planning, quoting, and sample making processes. We are seeking individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and operational expertise to join our engineering team. Individuals should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitates the planning of sewing room production requirements
- Makes patterns and/or photomarkers for use in sample creation, which will meet customer requirements for new products.
- Use of company-ERP system (SAP Business One) to enter and maintain customer contact information as well as enter and track customer purchase orders. Provide status updates to customers to ensure delivery dates and order requirements are met.
- Serves as the point of contact between customer and operations to resolve order specification matters. Understand and communicate compliance requirements of customers to Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Departments.
- Pursue additional business from existing customer accounts. Meet and establish a rapport with customer to understand their business and needs. Introduce customer to our diverse product offering, and work to customize existing products to customer specifications.
- Generate new customers from sales leads.
- Work within sales team to support the sales initiatives of the team set by the Sales Manager.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
A two-year Associates degree is required; a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is preferred.
The preferred candidate will have one to two years of related sales work experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication and Leadership -- Excellent command of the spoken English language; Listens and gets clarification to ensure understanding; Responds well to questions; Actively participates in meetings; Comfortable working and contributing in a team environment; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Excellent command of the written English language; Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; comprehends and applies proper email etiquette; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret complex written information (customer specification manuals, contracts, etc).
- Computer and Technical Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Ability to learn, and use once-trained, company-ERP system (SAP Business One); Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Problem Solving -- identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Availability during normal business hours (8:00 am -- 4:30 pm EST, Monday-Friday) in order to respond promptly to customer needs or requests.
- Must be a detail-oriented, communicator, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to travel as necessary to meet face-to-face with customers.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle and feel. Employees must be able to communicate effectively through talking and listening. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, walk up flights of stairs; and reach and carry objects with hands and arms.