Shipping Clerk - Ellicott City, MD
Summary: An immediate opening is available for a Full-Time Entry Level shipping clerk at our Ellicott City, Maryland facility. We are seeking individuals with excellent communication and organizational skills to join our shipping department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receive incoming materials/components; verifies count, type & kind against packing list; creates receipt in company-ERP system (SAP Business One), and advises Quality Control department if inspection is required.
- Assist in maintaining warehouse of materials and components, including: transporting items to appropriate location; consolidating like products to same area; verifying stock quantities.
- Issue material/components for production.
- Use of SAP to create deliveries and invoices for completed orders.
- Assist with submitting routing requests and create bills of lading for shipments. Responsible for calling / emailing / using web portals for assigned carrier to schedule pick-ups.
- Use UPS / Fedex Shipping Software to create shipping label.
- Assist with loading and unloading of containers and trailers.
- Inventory warehouse items as scheduled/requested/required.
- Assist with picking and packing functions and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
A high school diploma is required; a two-year Associates degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
The preferred candidate will have one to two years of related work experience in a distribution or shipping environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Excellent command of the spoken English language; Listens and gets clarification to ensure understanding; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Excellent command of the written English language; Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; comprehends and applies proper email etiquette; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret complex written information (customer specification manuals, routing guides, etc).
- Computer Skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn, and use once-trained, company-ERP system (SAP Business One) as well as other shipping equipment: electronic scale, printers, document scanner, copy and fax machine.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork – Comfortable working and contributing in a team environment. Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Availability during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:30 pm EST, Monday-Friday).
- Must be a detail-oriented and organized, able to prioritize tasks and able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle and feel. Employees must be able to communicate effectively through talking and listening. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk, reach and carry objects with hands and arms.
- Required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Once trained, will be expected to use, in accordance with safety standards, shipping equipment/machinery including manual pallet jack, hand truck, shrink wrap machine, floor level scale, etc.
Interested applicants should send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to indicate position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.